CCEOC Students Plan for their Future

CCEOC Students Plan for their Future

Connor Burg

By Connor Burg

The Cass County Educational Opportunity Center is a school that provides an alternate education opportunity for students in Atlantic and surrounding communities. This year six seniors are working toward graduation at the CCEOC. These six students were asked questions on how the CCEOC has affected their lives, and what kind of experience they have gained after studying at the alternative school. They were also asked what their plans are after graduation.

Senior Tim Laughlin plans to attend college to become an automotive mechanic. Laughlin said that he likes the CCEOC because he can get more work done in a shorter amount of time, and most of the school work is independent.

Senior Cole Holaday is hoping to attend college to be a diesel mechanic. He said the CCEOC is better than the high school because he can work at his own pace and doesn’t have to worry about “childish high school drama” that happens at AHS. Holaday said, “It only took me about half a year to catch up on my school work, and now that I’m on track to graduating, I have more time to spend with my daughter.”

Seniors Elijah Dulberg and Austin Johnson both said the CCEOC gets a bad rep from other high school students, but think those high school students should “get their facts straight” before downing the EOC. Johnson has already enlisted in the Iowa National Guard, and Dulberg plans on joining the Army by the time he graduates.

“I was already caught up with all my credits when I first came here and was nervous about the other students because of things I had heard around town about them,” said senior Kayla Holste. “But after awhile, everyone here is more like a family than being staff members or other students.” Holste plans on going to college to become a veterinarian.

The CCEOC does not only enroll Atlantic students. Jesse Doty is senior from the Griswold school system, who simply came here on his own free will. He plans on going to college to become a diesel mechanic, and he likes the CCEOC because to him, the school seems just like one big study-hall.

When asked if they would recommend the CCEOC to another fellow student, most students said that they would tell them to come join the EOC family.