STUCO’s First Color the Town Run a Success

STUCOs First Color the Town Run a Success

by Kennedy Lauridsen

Atlantic Student Council hosted a Color the Town Run on Oct 11. The organization made over $3000 by hosting this event. The run was mainly set up by the high school student council, but they had a lot of help from art teacher Pat Wiederien.

When participants signed up for the run, they received a t-shirt, a color packet to throw at the end, and an apple or banana to eat after the run. The run began and ended at the high school.  According to junior Sarah McCance, around 200 people signed up to run.

A lot of planning went into the color run. McCance said it was “a few months in the making.” Atlantic decided to host the Color the Town run “because every year the school hosts a fundraiser, and when the color run was suggested by one of the Student Council members, everyone got excited and got on board,” said Wiederien.

McCance said the run was a great choice for Atlantic to host because “it is a really good fundraiser and we have never done one before.” “It’s good to see the community getting involved with something that’s not just sitting around and eating,” said McCance.

Sophomore Kelbe Flathers said it was a good experience because it “raised money for the school in a fun way.”

Even though the school doesn’t get all of the money raised, people who signed up were given the opportunity to donate some money.