Petunia and the Golden Potato: Music Department Decorates for Homecoming

Monica Brewer

Photos and captions by Monica Brewer

Junior Emily Yager helps out freshman Rebekah Hallman identify what year that the picture that Hallman's cutting out is. Yager provided 4 old yearbooks to get pictures for the posters. Students then cut the pictures out, taped them, and dated them by year.
Junior Emily Yager helps freshman Rebekah Hallman identify the year of a picture.  Yager provided four yearbooks to get pictures for the posters.  Students then cut out the pictures, taped them to the posters, and dated them by year.
Holding up two old flags are seniors Haley Schweigert and Hannah Nelson.  These flags are just examples like the other flags Band Teacher Jarrod O'Donnell has in the uniform closet in the band room.
Holding up two old flags are seniors Haley Schweigert and Hannah Nelson.  These flags are a piece of Atlantic Trojan Guard history.  Band teacher Jarrod O’Donnell has a number of old flags in the uniform closet in the band room.
Sophomore Kaitlin Behends is posing below part of Petunia's face.  With the combined efforts of Nelson and Behends, they turned the clock in that hallway to create Petunia.  Petunia has two faces: Goldie Clocks and Jack Skellington.
Sophomore Kaitlin Behrens poses below Petunia’s face.  With  combined effort, senior Hannah Nelson and Behrens decorated the clock in that hallway to create Petunia.  Petunia has two faces: Goldie Clocks and Jack Skellington.
With some work from sophomores Alexis Brockman and Paige Henderson, they created the Golden Potato.   The inspiration for the Golden Potato came from the mind of Senior Ben Parker.
With some work,  sophomores Alexis Brockman and Paige Henderson created the Golden Potato.  The inspiration for the Golden Potato came from the mind of senior Ben Parker.  Parker insisted that the Golden Potato should be the mascot for the band/choir departments.
Here's Junior Emily Yager putting up a poster of old band members.  Yager did a lot of decorating including helping people look for years for the pictures on most of the posters and taping up streamers.
Junior Emily Yager puts up a poster of old band members.  Yager did a lot of decorating, including helping people look for years of the pictures on most of the posters, making them, and taping up streamers.
Sophomore Kaitlin Behrends is trimming up long hairs on Goldie Locks.  Behends worked on both faces of Petunia.  Goldie was one of them.
Sophomore Kaitlin Behrens trims up long hairs on Goldie Clocks.  Behrens worked on both faces of Petunia; Goldie was one of them.
Junior William Weppler is taping up the tops of the third row of streamers that was being worked on.  Weppler was the main man that taped them up.  Assisting him was Sophomore Matthew Brewer and Junior Emily Yager.
Junior William Weppler tapes up the tops of the third row of streamers.  Weppler was the main man that taped them.  Assisting him was sophomore Matthew Brewer and junior Emily Yager.
Freshman Rebekah Hallman is putting the finishing touches upon her poster.  The years of the pictures provided were written under them.  The years of the yearbooks used were 1949, 1969, 1971,  and 1977.
Freshman Rebekah Hallman adds the finishing touches on her poster.  The years of the pictures provided were written under them, and include 1949, 1969, 1971, and 1977.
Sophomore Kailin Behends and Freshman Paige Bennett dress up in pieces of old Atlantic Trojan Guard uniforms.  The uniforms usually get replaced every 7-15 years.
Sophomore Kaitlin Behrens and freshman Paige Bennett dress up in pieces of old Atlantic Trojan Guard uniforms.  Uniforms usually get replaced every 7-15 years.
After a long day of decorating, senior Monica Brewer insisted to Choir Teacher Jennifer Gaesser that a group photo must be taken.  Everyone had fun decorating the hallway for homecoming.
After a long day of decorating on Sunday, Sept. 29, senior Monica Brewer insisted on taking a group photo.  Everyone had fun decorating the hallway for homecoming.