New Teacher: Staashelm

Connor Burg and Tori Phippen

by Connor Burg and Tori Phippen

Morgan Staashelm is the new math teacher here at AHS. She is a first year teacher and decided to come teach at AHS. Staashelm wants to make a positive impact on her students.

She was born in Clarinda, Iowa, and went to school at Northwest College. Staashelm is really excited to be here teaching at AHS and wants to start getting to know people. “She is kinda young, but very professional and well organized. Staashelm works out problems with her students and makes sure all of her students know what they are doing,” stated by AHS Junior Tatum Heath. Staashelm runs her classroom like previous math teacher, Mrs. Bradfield, used to.

Something that Staashelm’s students like is that she gives out a variety of  good examples and explains them thoroughly and clearly. For being a new teacher, the students around AHS think that she will succeed at her duties and have a long and lustrous career for many years to come. Senior Elijah Dulberg said that he likes having Staashelm for a math teacher and he wishes all his other math teachers he has had in the past were like her. “I think she has a lot going for her. If she keeps up the good work, she might even be teacher of the year!” stated by another AHS Senior Tim Laughlin. For being a first year teacher she is doing a wonderful job and has a bright future ahead of her.