Boys Swim Competes at Carroll

The Atlantic boys swim team competed in a triangular at Carroll last Thursday.

Junior+Brayden+Atkinson+swims+at+a+Johnston+meet+from+the+previous+year.+At+the+latest+competition+in+Carroll%2C+he+brought+home+a+1st+place+win+in+the+200-yd+IM.+

Bryer Rose

Junior Brayden Atkinson swims at a Johnston meet from the previous year. At the latest competition in Carroll, he brought home a 1st place win in the 200-yd IM.

Da'Jai Wesson, Editor

Thursday, Dec. 17, the boys swim team traveled to the Caroll Community Center to compete in a triangular against Abraham Lincoln and Carroll. The trojans brought home a third-place win overall as well as some first-place finishes in individual races. 

The boys swam several individual races. Junior Bryan York competed in the 500-yard freestyle, snatching a first-place win with a time of 5:24.04. York also brought home a third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle with 2:01.90. In the same race, freshman Aleh Lihs earned a fifth-place win with a time of 2:10.29. 

Junior Brayden Atkinson brought home a first-place win in the 200-yard IM finishing with 2:22.44. Atkinson also competed in the 100-yard varsity freestyle and earned a 4th place finish with 55.82. Junior Alex Sampson also competed in the 100-yard varsity freestyle, earning third-place with a time of 24.36. Another highlight for Sampson was snagging first place in the 50-yard varsity freestyle with 24.46.
As for relays, the Trojans competed in the 200-yard freestyle as well as the 400-yard freestyle. Sampson, York, Atkinson, and Lihs teamed up for the 200-yard freestyle relay, earning a third-place win with 1:41.93. The four swimmers competed together again in the 400-yard freestyle relay and brought a second-place win with a time of 3:46.95.