Trojan Bowl Final Product

Construction on the Trojan Bowl is now finished and ready to be put to use.

The+Trojans+were+out+on+the+field+for+the+first+time+last+Thursday.+Their+current+season+record+is+4-1.+

Heather McKay

The Trojans were out on the field for the first time last Thursday. Their current season record is 4-1.

Chloe Mullenix, Staff Writer

The remodel of the Trojan Bowl is something students and members of the community have been looking forward to since demolition started last October. 

According to  Atlantic Athletic Director, Andrew Mitchell, “It’s looking like the field will be done in plenty of time for homecoming.” Mitchell said he was “heartbroken” for the football players, cheerleaders, fans, community, and the students when the field wasn’t done in time for what was supposed to be the first home game. “It has been something we were looking forward to, but then again I also look back and think this is a project that didn’t get started until late October last year,” Mitchell said. The school doesn’t know the exact numbers for how much the football field alone costs, but he said it is somewhere in the range of three million dollars. 

The new Trojan Bowl has a turf field. Senior Colin Mullenix said, “I like turf fields better than grass fields because they look nicer and you can run faster, but you can get turf burns.” The football team practiced on the new field for the first time Thursday, Sept. 24. Mullenix said they plan on practicing on it a couple more times before the first home game. Mullenix said, “it felt good to practice on the new field because just being down there was nice.” He thinks they’re ready for the home game and he’s “ready to get out on the new field.”