Senior Photo Deadline Quickly Approaching

The Javelin is preparing to make their senior spreads.

Hana Holtz

Senior pictures need to be submitted to the yearbook staff by Saturday, Feb. 1.

Kyra Namanny and Den Tsybulnyak

The deadline for senior pictures to be turned in to the yearbook staff is nearing. All photos must be turned in by Saturday, Feb. 1. If a senior student hasn’t purchased professional photos, a member of the journalism staff can take their picture. If a photo is not submitted, “We will track them down, and take a picture,” yearbook editor-in-chief Emma Templeton said. The journalist who takes the pictures makes sure they are good quality photos. 

Photos must be waist-up and vertical. No objects, pets, or other people are allowed in the photos. Also, the student’s eyes must be open. 

For years, Javelin photos were similar to standard school photos, displaying only a headshot. Specialized senior photos started getting entered into the yearbooks around the late 1980s and early ‘90s, showing off students in a more comfortable position. Students began submitting photos taken outdoors, or with backgrounds that reflected their interests and personalities. The first color senior photos were published in the Javelin in 2007. 

To turn in your senior picture, email them to Templeton or yearbook adviser Allison Berryhill. Students may also bring a printed copy of their photo to the journalism lab, where it will be scanned.

Do not forget to send in your senior quote as well. Quotes are due Sunday, March 1.