Boys’ Track Beat Out Rams for First Place

The Trojans took home a first place finish from the Ram Relays.

UP AND OVER - Sophomore Colin Mullinex sprints his leg of the shuttle hurdle relay event. Mullinex was joined by senior Connor Pellet, sophomore Joe Weaver and freshman Kadin Stutzman.

Bryer Rose

Bryer Rose

Bryer Rose

Madison Botos and Maycie Waters

The boys’ track team secured the win at the Ram Relays hosted at Lewis Central on Monday, April 1. The Trojans beat Glenwood for first by eight points, and some highlights from the meet include junior Tyler Moen winning the 100m dash and the 200m dash, senior Zade Niklasen winning the 400m dash, sophomore Craig Alan Becker winning the 800m run and senior Jalen Petersen winning the 3200m run.

A few relays also won their respective races, including the 4x400m relay consisting of Niklasen, Becker, Moen and senior Chase Mullenix, as well as the 4x800m relay of senior Nathan Behrends, Becker, junior Bradley Dennis and Mullenix. Running the sprint medley and winning with a time of 1:38.35 was senior Sam Granner, sophomore Colin Mullenix, Moen and Niklasen.

Junior Spencer Ray placed second in high jump with a height of 5’10”.

The Trojans will travel to Harlan on Tuesday for their next meet.