• March 11There is a college planning/financial aid night on Thursday in the auditorium starting at 6:00 p.m.

• March 11There is no school Thursday and Friday due to Parent/Teacher Conferences.

• March 11The Female Athlete Symposium is tomorrow night 5:00-10:00 p.m.

• March 11Tennis practice starts today!

• March 11The wrestling banquet is tonight starting at 6:30 p.m. Congrats on the incredible season wrestlers!

• March 11Boys' soccer practice starts today!

• March 11Golf practice starts today!

Wrestling Team Remains Undefeated

The Atlantic-CAM Trojans have a 16-0 dual record for the season.

HARD+WORK+-+Sophomore+Joe+Weaver+has+his+arm+raised+by+the+referee+at+the+Red+Owens+Holiday+Classic+indicating+he+won+his+match.+Weaver+won+his+match+at+the+Harlan+duals+in+a+major+decision+and+did+not+wrestle+against+Denison+due+to+an+open+weight+class.+

Wrestling Team Remains Undefeated

HARD WORK - Sophomore Joe Weaver has his arm raised by the referee at the Red Owens Holiday Classic indicating he won his match. Weaver won his match at the Harlan duals in a major decision and did not wrestle against Denison due to an open weight class.

Caroline Pellett

Caroline Pellett

Caroline Pellett

Ashley Wendt, Lead Editor

The Trojan wrestling team remains undefeated with a 16-0 dual record for the 2018-19 season after earning two wins over Harlan and Denison. The double dual held on Thursday, Jan. 3, was the first outing of the new year for the Trojans. Senior Kenny Jimerson said that the team felt they were prepared for the competition and “always had the mindset that we were going to come out on top.”

Ten pins were made by Atlantic-CAM throughout the evening, with seven against Denison and three against Harlan. Two pins each came from seniors Chase McLaren and Connor Pellett, while others came from Jimerson, Sam Martin, Chase Mullenix, Cale Roller, Aybren Moore and Steele McLaren. “It was a tough start to the match, but I ended up scoring the first points and turning him,” Jimerson said about his match. “It went into the second period and I happened to roll him through.”

As the season nears closer to districts, sectionals and State, the wrestlers will continue to focus on technique and preparing themselves as individuals while competing in more tournaments. The varsity team will travel to Marion High School on Saturday, Jan. 12 for their next day competition.

About the Contributors
Ashley Wendt, Lead Editor

Journalism is a family affair for the Wendts, as Ashley Wendt’s siblings got her involved in Journalism. Her brother Trevor was the first to join and...

Caroline Pellett, Staff Writer

Caroline Pellett, a sophomore at AHS doesn’t have much free time on her hands. All year round Pellett is involved with softball, volleyball, track, wrestling...