• January 21Good luck to the wrestling team at the Hawkeye 10 tournament on Saturday!

• January 21Girls' and boys' basketball are facing off against the Red Oak Tigers on Friday, boys at home and girls on the road.

• January 21Atlantic-CAM wrestling is hosting a double dual on Thursday, good luck!

Wrestling Team Remains Undefeated

The Atlantic-CAM Trojans have a 16-0 dual record for the season.

HARD+WORK+-+Sophomore+Joe+Weaver+has+his+arm+raised+by+the+referee+at+the+Red+Owens+Holiday+Classic+indicating+he+won+his+match.+Weaver+won+his+match+at+the+Harlan+duals+in+a+major+decision+and+did+not+wrestle+against+Denison+due+to+an+open+weight+class.+

Wrestling Team Remains Undefeated

HARD WORK - Sophomore Joe Weaver has his arm raised by the referee at the Red Owens Holiday Classic indicating he won his match. Weaver won his match at the Harlan duals in a major decision and did not wrestle against Denison due to an open weight class.

Caroline Pellett

Caroline Pellett

Caroline Pellett

Ashley Wendt, Lead Editor

The Trojan wrestling team remains undefeated with a 16-0 dual record for the 2018-19 season after earning two wins over Harlan and Denison. The double dual held on Thursday, Jan. 3, was the first outing of the new year for the Trojans. Senior Kenny Jimerson said that the team felt they were prepared for the competition and “always had the mindset that we were going to come out on top.”

Ten pins were made by Atlantic-CAM throughout the evening, with seven against Denison and three against Harlan. Two pins each came from seniors Chase McLaren and Connor Pellett, while others came from Jimerson, Sam Martin, Chase Mullenix, Cale Roller, Aybren Moore and Steele McLaren. “It was a tough start to the match, but I ended up scoring the first points and turning him,” Jimerson said about his match. “It went into the second period and I happened to roll him through.”

As the season nears closer to districts, sectionals and State, the wrestlers will continue to focus on technique and preparing themselves as individuals while competing in more tournaments. The varsity team will travel to Marion High School on Saturday, Jan. 12 for their next day competition.

Ashley Wendt, Lead Editor

Journalism is a family affair for the Wendts, as Ashley Wendt’s siblings got her involved in Journalism. Her brother Trevor was the first to join and...