Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Eric Wieser

Senior spotlight featuring Eric Wieser.

Cooper McDermott

Eric Wieser has been a part of many sports while attending AHS. Wieser has been a part of cross country (9-11), football (12), swimming (10-12) and soccer (9-12). Wieser was also a participant of soccer, swimming and Steeler football when he was younger. Wieser’s favorite is soccer; a sport he has been playing since he was seven years old.

Wieser will be attending the University of Nebraska Omaha, studying to become a civil engineer. He started to like engineering when he was an Eagle Scout and finishing his project. He also has been influenced by a lot of Mr. Bair’s shop classes throughout high school.

Wieser has had a lot of good high school memories. His favorite part about high school was being able to see fellow senior, D-One Yechem, everyday.

Swim coach Dean Junker is the person Wieser has looked up since he started swimming when he was little. “[Junker] made me wake up at 5:30 for morning practice every day,” said Wieser. The most influential teacher throughout Wieser’s high school career was Mr. Bair. Something he would go back and redo is play football all four years of high school so he could improve his kicking skills.

If Wieser had one superpower, he would have super speed, so he could finally, “be faster than Phoenix Shadden.” Wieser’s favorite accomplishment is becoming an Eagle Scout his senior year of high school.