• May 23The softball home opener is Friday against Thomas Jefferson. Good luck!

• May 23The baseball boys take on Red Oak at home on Thursday. Good luck!

• May 20Good luck to the singles players at state tennis on Friday and Saturday!

• May 20Good luck to the golfers at state on Thursday and Friday!

• May 20Good luck to the girls' soccer team on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week!

Girls Track RECAP @ Denison 03.28.17

The girls track team earned a fourth place team finish at the Denison meet Tuesday night.

Cody Buchman, Sports Editor

Tuesday night both the boys and girls Atlantic track teams traveled to Denison for the Hawkeye 10 North meet. The meet was hosted by Denison-Schleswig and consisted of 6 teams from the north division of the Hawkeye Ten Conference including Denison-Schleswig and Atlantic. The other teams included Harlan, Kuemper Catholic, Lewis Central and St. Albert Catholic.

The girls team standings combined for 471 points. Denison-Schleswig won their own meet Tuesday night finishing with 140 points. Harlan earned a second place finish with 133 and Lewis Central finished third with 92.

4th – Atlantic – 63

5th – St. Albert Catholic – 25

6th – Kuemper Catholic – 14

The Atlantic girls had four 2nd place finishes along with four 3rd place finishes.

Full meet results including individuals and relay events can be found on Quik Stats Iowa.

Cody Buchman, Sports Editor

Senior, Cody Buchman is the sports editor for AHS Needle. His favorite memory from being in journalism was doing a phone interview with Gaylord Schelling...