Cast for Spring Musical Announced

Many students from each grade participate in this year’s spring musical

Cast for Spring Musical Announced

Charity Williams

After waiting anxiously for the directors of the spring musical, “Fiddler on the Roof,” to make a unanimous decision the cast was finally announced. The freshman who will be experiencing what it is like to be on stage for their first high school musical are, McKayla Weppler, Kelsie Siedlek, Belle Wickman, Katie Saluk, Erin Barrick, Piper Zarbano, Ana Muell, Hana Holtz, Bradley Dennis, Harley Oliver, Clayton Jipsen and Tate Denbeste.

The sophomores who are ready for their second musical are, Chris Krogh, Avery Andersen, Sarah Schorle, Ethan Simmons and Abby Evans.

Josh Mclean, Melanie Hart, Rebekah Hallman, Audrey Cave, Aaron Rothfusz and Paige Bennett are going to be representing the juniors for this year’s musical.

Finally, participating in their last high school musical, the seniors, Anna Iekel, Sarah Fixmer, Paige Henderson, Alex Williams, Hunter Oliver, Trinity Zynda, Max Elwood, Austeen Mwalia, Katie Darrow, D-One Yechem, Bryn Blanchette and Tori Krogh.

Announced along with the cast are the people who will be working behind the curtains. Seniors Kylee Champlin and Sam Coder are the stage managers, the tech crew will be, Eric Wieser, Nick Edwards, Evan Brummer, Zach McKay and Mitchell Ginther. BackstaJake Redler, Gratt Reed, Emily Saeugling, Bailey Roland and McKenna Denbeste.

On Wed. Jan 4 the cast read through the scripts to prepare for the upcoming practices. The first official practice began on Thurs. Jan. 5

“The Fiddler on the Roof” follows a Jewish father, Tevye, his wife, Golde, and their five daughters in the little Russian town of Anatevka. It takes place during the early 1900’s when Russia was still known as an empire. During this time Tsar Nicholas II released anti-Jewish propaganda which presented fear and hatred of Jews to non-Jewish citizens. Not only does Tevye have to deal with the hardships of living in Russia during that time as a Jew, but he also has to keep control of his three eldest daughters who would rather marry based on love rather than sticking with traditional arranged marriages.

The cast list is shown below: