Freshmen Boys’ Basketball Dominates the Panthers

Freshman+Tyler+Moen+goes+up+for+two+during+the+game+against+St.+Albert.+Moen+had+four+points+after+the+Creston+game.+

Freshman Tyler Moen goes up for two during the game against St. Albert. Moen had four points after the Creston game.

Jena Brosam, Editor In Chief

On Friday, Dec. 9, the boys’ basketball team traveled to Creston to take on the Panthers. The freshmen, JV, and varsity teams all defeated the Panthers.

The freshmen team was able to hold the lead against the Panthers throughout the entire game. After the first, the boy’s were up 11-5. By halftime the team was ahead 19-12. After the half the Trojans were up 25-20. The final score of the game was 37-25.

The leading scorers of the game was Nile Petersen with 14 points, Brody O’Brien with 8 points, and Cyle Renaud with 7 points.

Head coach Brandon Krause said, “Our defense definitely gave us the win Friday by playing sound and containing the Panthers offense. We had great contributions from Nile Petersen and Brody O’Brien with 14 and 8 points. I really like how aggressive Cyle Renaud was in this game. We couldn’t be happier to be 4-0 right now heading into a tough week of play with Glenwood and Shenandoah. Our growth as a team needs to continue to grow to accomplish our team goals for the year.”

Leading scorer Petersen said, “We played good defense, and Brody stepped up shooting three’s in big situations. In the first half we had a few mistakes, I felt like we cleaned them up in the second half. We stuck to our goals and didn’t’ let them score more than 10 in each quarter.”

The Trojans’ next game is tomorrow, Dec. 13, against Glenwood at 4:30 in the AHS gym.