Girls and Boys Tennis vs. Red Oak

Senior Grace Jacob serves the ball during practice.  Jacob has participated in tennis all four years of high school.  She is one of the two seniors on the team.

Senior Grace Jacob serves the ball during practice. Jacob has participated in tennis all four years of high school. She is one of the two seniors on the team.

Jena Brosam

Yesterday, April 30, girls and boys tennis played the Red Oak Tigers. The girls played Red Oak at home and lost 0-9. The boys played the Tigers in Red Oak and won 6-3.

In singles, #1 senior Codi Hitch lost 0-8, #2 senior Grace Jacob lost 0-8, #3 sophomore Jena Brosam lost 1-8, #4 sophomore Olivia Davis lost 1-8, #5 sophomore Bailey Steffens lost 0-8, and #6 sophomore Sydney Redler lost 1-8. In doubles, #1 Hitch and Jacob lost 0-8, #2 Brosam and Davis lost 1-8, and #3 Steffens and Redler lost 2-8.

On the boys side, in singles, #1 senior Nick Podhajsky won both sets 6-3, 6-0, #2 freshman Grant Podhajsky lost his first set 6-7 in 3 point tie-break, won his next set 6-4, and lost his last set 10-12, #3 senior Ben Parker won both sets 7-5, 6-4, #4 senior Kyle Krueger won both sets 6-2, 6-1, #5 freshman Cooper McDermott lost both sets 1-6, 4-6. #6 freshman Luke Hohenberger lost both sets 4-6, 3-6. In doubles, #1 (Nick) Podhajsky and (Grant) Podhajsky won both sets 6-2, 6-1, #2 Parker and Krueger won both sets 6-4, 6-4, and #3 McDermott and Hohenberger lost their first set 6-7 in 5 point tie-break, and won their next 2 sets 6-4, 10-7.

Today, both boys and girls play Lewis Central. The boys play at home, and the girls will travel to Lewis Central.