Trojan Track Takes on Glenwood

After coming back from an injury, junior Tiffany Williams finished second in the 3000 meter run. She was told to take it easy so she does not become reinjured.

Savannah Sorensen

Last night the girls and boys track teams competed at the Co-Ed Rams Relays in Glenwood. The boys took fifth with 68 points and the girls finished in sixth with 59 points.

In the 3000 meter run, junior Tiffany Williams finished second and senior Savannah Sorensen placed fifth. Sophomore Alexis Brockman also placed fifth in the high jump. The 4×800 relay finished sixth with a time of 11:35. Freshman Sydney Bean placed fourth in the 100 meter dash, and the distance medley relay placed third. Senior Allie Siggins placed third in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:38. Williams also placed third in the 1500 meter run. Ending the night, the 4×400 meter relay finished eighth with a time of 4:36.

On the boys side, junior Alec Hayes won the high jump with a jump of 6’02”. Senior Joey Walker also placed in the high jump finishing in fourth place. The shuttle hurdle relay team finished second with a time of one minute even. The 4×200 meter relay finished fourth, and freshman Gratt Reed finished fifth in the 110 meter high hurdles. Freshman Jaxson Eden finished third in the 1600 meter run and fifth in the 800 meter run. Junior Brendan Holmes finished second in the 400 meter hurdles, and the 4×400 meter relay team finished in third with a time of 3:31.

The boys and girls will host a home JV meet on Thursday, and the varsity is back in action next Monday for the Trojan Relays here at AHS. Come out and support your Trojan track athletes!