First Pep Rally of Season This Friday!

Madison Helvie

by Madison Helvie

With football season finally here, it also means that pep rallies are back and officially start this Friday. Pep rallies are meant to get the students and players excited for football games.

During the first pep rally, coaches of the fall sports teams are usually introduced. The coaches will often speak about their teams, what they’re expecting this season, and school spirit. Pep rally’s involve the school song, cheers and chants from the cheerleaders, games from AHS Fuel, and usually a short talk from either Mrs. McKay or Mr. Alexander.

Upon entering the gym for the pep rally, students should sit where assigned: freshmen sitting on the west side of the gym, then sophomores, juniors, and seniors following to fill up all most of the bleachers.  There is a designated section on the east end of the gym and the remaining bleachers for the band.

Cheers that are often used in pep rally’s are “Pump It Up” and “Battle Cry” to help bring out school spirit between different grades and teachers.

This Friday the pep rally will be at 2:59, and following it at 5:15 the pep bus will leave for the first game against the Clarinda Cardinals.  If you’re interested in riding the pep bus, it is $10 and includes your admission into the game. Kickoff is at 7:00 instead of 7:30.