• April 11TOLD BY THE BLACK AND GOLD PODCAST IS LIVE ON SOUNDLCOUD

• April 3Good luck to boys golf at Fox Run on Thursday!

• April 3Good luck to girls tennis on Thursday!

Hubers Welcome New Addition

Guidance Counselor Michelle Huber and husband Dustan Huber celebrate a new baby boy.

SLEEPY+SNUGGLES+-+Guidance+Counselor%2C+Michelle+Huber+shares+picture+of+the+newest+addition+to+her+family.+Greyson+Andrew+Huber+was+born+on+Feb.+17%2C+2017+at+3%3A14+p.m.+Huber%E2%80%99s+husband+Dustan+%28uniquely+spelled+with+an+%E2%80%9CA%E2%80%9D%29+wanted+his+son%E2%80%99s+name+to+be+unique+in+some+way+as+well%2C+which+led+to+the+%E2%80%9CE%E2%80%9D+in+Greyson%E2%80%99s+name+instead+of+an+%E2%80%9CA.%E2%80%9D+
SLEEPY SNUGGLES - Guidance Counselor, Michelle Huber shares picture of the newest addition to her family. Greyson Andrew Huber was born on Feb. 17, 2017 at 3:14 p.m. Huber’s husband Dustan (uniquely spelled with an “A”) wanted his son’s name to be unique in some way as well, which led to the “E” in Greyson’s name instead of an “A.”

Michelle Huber

Michelle Huber

Being a mom can mean different things. To Michelle Huber, it means, “Learning something new every day.” During the day, you may be learning things about yourself, while your baby is growing and learning new things his/herself.  According to Parents Online, there are nine things your baby learns every day. One is, saying goodbye, whether you are walking away for a couple minutes or even heading back to work.

Greyson Andrew Huber was born on Feb. 17, 2017, at 3:14 p.m. He weighed seven pounds, three ounces and was 21 inches long. Huber and her husband, Dustan, both agreed on the name Greyson, but the hardest part was the spelling. Because Dustan’s name has an unusual spelling, the couple wanted to give their baby’s name a unique spelling as well. “My compromise was allowing [the baby] to have one letter E in his name, and my husband could pick the place,” Huber said. The new baby’s middle name has a special meaning to it. His middle name which is, Andrew, was the first name of Huber’s husband’s best friend who tragically died in a workplace accident in 2015.

Greyson would prefer someone to hold him while he sleeps, so we have been working on getting him to sleep alone in his bassinet at night,”

— Michelle Huber

Of course with a newborn, there will be big changes for the family. The main one that Mrs. Huber has been dealing with is the lack of sleep. “Greyson would prefer someone to hold him while he sleeps, so we have been working on getting him to sleep alone in his bassinet at night,” Huber continued, “Greyson is up every two to three house to eat, so it definitely has been an adjustment.” Another change that she has experienced was forgetting to eat. “I’ll admit for most of our day, we snuggle and occasionally, I will do a load of laundry,” she said.

First-time parents are likely to feel very protective. Huber agreed with this, admitting she is “definitely more protective.” She continued, “I’ve been kind of a germ freak these first couple of weeks, but so has my husband.” Huber said her husband brought home three big bottles of hand sanitizer and there is one in every room of their house.

Huber is now on maternity leave. She will return to the office on May 18, and that means she will have to be away from Greyson. She said the hardest part will be while away from him and she said not being able to pick him up whenever she wants to. “He’s so cuddly and I know he won’t always be,” Huber said. When she first saw Greyson said she was overwhelmed with love and happiness.