BBB PREVIEW vs. Harlan 1.31.17

The Trojan boys basketball team seeks revenge against Harlan Tuesday night.

Sophomore Chase Mullenix drives up in the lane seeking a score in a game at home versus Glenwood

Cody Buchman, Sports Editor

Tuesday night the Atlantic boys basketball team will hold host to the Cyclones of Harlan. The Trojans enter the game with a posted 11-4 record meanwhile Harlan sits at 9-6. This will be the second meeting this season between the teams, Atlantic fell short in the last matchup 71-74 on the road.

Harlan is coming fresh off of a win over Kuemper Catholic defeating the Knights 60-56 just two games after suffering their sixth loss of the season falling to the same Knights 79-88. Atlantic lost in their only contest with Kuemper to date this season falling 67-73 but are opportune for revenge as Harlan did. Atlantic will pack their bags and hit the road following the home matchup against Harlan to take on the Knights for a much wanted rematch.

The leading scorer in the Hawkeye Ten Conference belongs to Atlantic’s very own senior Garrett Franken. Franken averages 24.5 points-per-game while shooting 50% from from the field and 40% from three-point range. Franken also shoots 71.4% from the charity stripe.

Harlan qualifies two of its own players on the top-10 scoring list within the conference coming from senior Caleb Rasmussen and junior Shane Chamberlain whom are scoring 16.4 and 14.7 points-per-game respectively.

Trojan players Franken and junior Scott Leonard also sit atop the conference in the rebounding category. Franken averages 9.5 rebounds thus far this season while Leonard averages 9.1. Franken is just third in the conference with 108 defensive rebounds while Leonard leads the conference with 64 offensive rebounds this season.