Trojan Parking Spots

Student bid for parking spots in front of the school.

Trojan Parking Spots

Zeke Whetstone

Every year, AHS auctions off four parking spots, closest to the school. These spots are indicated with a yellow trojan head on a black painted square.

These spots are auctioned off, and will be re-auctioned third and fourth quarter. Over $175 was raised from the four parking spots. Funds that are made from the spots will be used by the student counsel. More details will be known about what the funds will be used on, later throughout the year. This quarter the winners of the spots are Mycala Kickland, Gratt Reed, Jake Redler, and Max Elwood.

Reed spent $50 on his spot. “I wanted to support the high school with the purchase, as well as have a short walk in the morning when it’s cold.” Reed explained how the four owners decide between themselves who gets what spot. Reed also recommends other students to purchase spots saying, “I want to share the spots with my peers,” and also to purchase them because it goes to a “good cause.”

Another parking spot owner, Elwood, says that he spent $36 for his spot. When asked why he purchased it, Elwood says, “I run late to school so being closer to the school was good motivation.” Elwood says that he would bid again in the future to keep his spot, but also wants others to bid with him. “You can flaunt it. It’s a pretty cool thing.”

The third quarter will open the spots, and bidding, to everyone. Keep your eyes open for the auctioning to start!