RECAP: Trojan Wrestlers Double Up On Victories

Trojans beat Logan-Magnolia and Coon Rapids-Bayard in double dual Thursday night

Freshman Chase McLaren dominates in his Logan-Magnolia match.

Ben Renaud

The varsity wrestling team travelled to Logan-Magnolia Thursday, Jan. 7, for a double dual against Logan-Magnolia and Coon Rapids-Bayard. The Trojans were victorious in both competitions, first beating Coon Rapids-Bayard with a score of 53-21. The Trojans’ only loss was freshman Connor Pellett.

The second dual against fourth-ranked Logan-Magnolia was a sight to see. It started off with the Trojans 138-pounder Tanner Mauk getting a win. The dual was tight until the Trojans won six straight, starting at 170 pounds and ending at 113 pounds.

The Trojans took an 18-point lead over Logan-Magnolia after wins from junior Drake Roller, junior Zac Stork, senior Keegan Hosfelt, sophomore John McConkey, and sophomore Kole Hansen.

To wrap up the dual, freshman Chase McLaren picked up a first-period pin which would conclude the Trojans’ winning streak. Logan-Magnolia won the last two matches of the dual by pins, but was too late. The Trojans ended up winning the 39-33.

Saturday Jan. 9, will be the Trojans’ next competition. The 9-team Rollin Dyer tournament will be held at Atlantic High School. Competition starts at 10 a.m.