New Soccer Uniforms

By Steph Freund and Matt Smith

The 2014 season brought new improvements to the soccer programs with new uniforms and equipment.  The Boys and Girl Soccer teams both purchased new soccer uniforms. This is the first time the boys are getting new uniforms since the program first started here in Atlantic.  The girls, however got new uniforms two years ago.  The coaches also have put together a list of requested materials for practice and games consisting of balls, nets and pennies.

The girls soccer program received new white and blacks short sleeved shirt and short nike uniforms.  In addition to the uniforms, 40 soccer backpacks and a set of 18 warm ups were purchased. Girls were also given the option to buy their own warm ups for the price of $90.00 and five dollars extra for initials.  The backpacks and warm ups will be embroidered before the season by Outfitters Plus, with a trojan head and label of Atlantic Girls Soccer.  Assistant Coach Daniel Vargason said, “The gear was ordered through soccer.com and I think the new gear will excite the players give some confidence to the program.”

Boys soccer also is getting new uniforms this season.  Their uniforms consist of new long sleeve and short sleeve black shirts.  Black shorts and white/black socks will also come in.  They expect to receive these in the next week.  Sophomore David Thomsen said “I think they’re pretty cool and I’m happy we are getting new ones.