Seniors planning for after graduation

by Michael Kirchner

Fifty-one of the 92 students planning to graduate on May 19 answered an AHSneedle survey about their future plans. Forty-two of the respondents (82%) said they are going to college. Three students indicated they plan to go directly into the workforce. Six students said they have other plans.

Out of the people who said they want to go to college, 10 said they want to attend IWCC (Iowa Western Community College).  The other choices for colleges were ICCC, DMACC, ISU, UNI, U of Iowa, NWMSU, Peru State, Northwestern, Drake, Simpson, Central, BV, Ashford, Grinnell, UNO, University of Sioux Falls.

“I chose to attend IWCC because I’m going into a sign language interpretation major and since the Iowa School for the Deaf is located in Council Bluffs, IWCC offers a great program.” said senior Hope Bowker.

Out of the students that took the survey three students said that they have plans to go straight to work.  “I love working with animals, I feel the need to help and save them and help take care of them I feel like that what I should do,” said Stormy Christensen.  Senior John Freund said “I’ve always wanted to join the cattle feeding and crop operation, and I have the chance to now so I jumped on it.”

Out of the students that took the survey none said they were going to military.

Of the 51 students that took the survey 6 said other.