Madrigal Dinner Preparations

Madrigal Dinner Preparations

By Emily Yager

Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 2.02.02 PM
Student in choir listen to instructor Jennifer Gaesser as they prepare for the Madrigal Dinner. Choir students have been preparing for the dinner since their debut concert.

Atlantic High School’s third annual madrigal dinner will take place on Dec. 14 and 15. The dinner is put on by the choir and the Trojan Diner Students.

Madrigal is a dinner theater. Guests feast as they listen to songs and watch a comedic play put on by students. Choir director Jennifer Gaesser said, “What I enjoy about doing madrigal dinners is it provides a different type of venue compared to your normal sit-down concert in the auditorium. It has singing, acting, and food.”

This year’s meal prepared by Trojan Diner is Nordic winter vegetable soup, winter fruit salad with lemon poppyseed dressing, Chicago style chicken with ranch potatoes and dinner roll, and a cream puff for dessert.

Seniors from the choir are a part of the royal court. A king and queen are chosen from the seniors based on involvement. Seniors Hannah Jespersen and Preston Hoye were chosen this year.

Senior Morgan Munsey said, “it’s gotten better over the years. There’s lot more stuff going on.” He’s excited to sit at the royal court table now that he’s a senior.

Sophomore William Weppler was a knight last year and had a positive experience. Weppler commented on his experience saying, “At the very beginning, we got to try to escort someone out of the room.” Weppler also said, “I’m also excited to sing new music that we have.”

Junior Halee Glenn said, “There’s something different every year, so that’s something to look forward to.”

Buy your tickets for $20 each now! Ticket sales close Wednesday, Nov. 27 so make sure to buy one while you still can!

To read about last year’s Madrigal Dinner, click on this link. https://ahsneedle.com/?p=8692