Prom Dress Sale Tomorrow!

By Kallee Mudd

Juniors’ and seniors’ prom theme is “Out of this World” this year. But will it take a NASA budget to get there? Prom is supposed to be a special night for juniors and seniors, but do you ever wonder if you’re spending too much? This year, the average family is expected to spend $1078 on their prom dress, tuxedo, transportation, hair and makeup, and other things. Here are some tips to keep spending to a minimum while still having a blast at prom.

A girl’s main goal for prom is to get that perfect dress, right? But you don’t have to spend all that money to get the glamorous look you see in magazines. The Ramada Hotel at 72nd and Grover in Omaha, Neb. is holding their 6th Annual Ultra Chic Prom Boutique this Saturday, Feb. 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event takes place in the Palace Ballroom donated, barely used prom dresses will sell for around $25 dollars in cash only, and all proceeds go to the Lydia House. If you want to spend a little less on your dress but still want the shopping experience, the 6th Annual Ultra Chic Prom Boutique is the place to go.

Or if you don’t want to travel to Omaha, you can go to Corning to the Lone Arranger Flower Shop at 627 Davis Ave for Operation Dream Closet, which will be located above the shop. For more information, call 641-322-5175 or 800-322-5175. There is a poster about this option posted in the hallway near the guidance office. Your credit card bill doesn’t have to skyrocket for you to have a stellar night at prom.