Susan+Wedemeyer+helps+out+one+of+her+students+in+class.+Art+has+always+been+a+passion+for+Wedemeyer%2C+beginning+when+she+was+a+little+girl.+

Grace Bruckner

Susan Wedemeyer helps out one of her students in class. Art has always been a passion for Wedemeyer, beginning when she was a little girl.

Susan Wedemeyer

Susan Wedemeyer didn’t plan on becoming a teacher when she started college. A college professor influenced her to change her path in life. However, her passion for art stemmed from a young age. Graduating from University of Nebraska in Carney, Wedemeyer “enjoys art and being creative,” as it gives her the ability to be hands on.

While in high school, Wedemeyer was involved with many extracurriculars, as her high school in Treynor was very small. She participated in art classes, volleyball, basketball, softball, school plays, color guard, drill team, and speech. Though she wouldn’t have chosen to have done speech, it was the only way to get an A in her English class. Now, Wedemeyer is glad she did it as she found she loved acting. She was able to play a lead in her school’s performance of “Oklahoma” her senior year. 

Wedemeyer lives with her husband. She has two children in college. She has a dog, Gus, whom is a cocker-spaniel and king-Charles mix. In her free time, she can be found golfing–a skill she picked up twenty years ago upon marrying her husband–or reading a good mystery book. Her favorites are novels by James Paterson and Sue Grafton.

AHSneedle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in