Weights+teacher+Connor+Larson+spots+students+during+their+workouts.+Larson+is+a+first-year+teacher.+

Grace Bruckner

Weights teacher Connor Larson spots students during their workouts. Larson is a first-year teacher.

Connor Larson

First-year teacher Connor Larson graduated last spring from Grand View University, where he wrestled for the Vikings. He went to high school in Webster City. 

At AHS, Larson teaches PE and weights. Often times during class, Larson will jump into the activity that the students are partaking in, helping out the losing squad or evening the numbers between the two competing teams. After the school day is over, he coaches middle school football and high school wrestling. Growing up, Larson knew he wanted to be a PE teacher because he “had really good PE teachers all throughout school.” He said “it’s always something I’ve wanted to do.”

His favorite thing about being a teacher is the development of relationships with staff and students alike. He said he has settled into Atlantic, and that he loves the “community feel” to the town. 

Aside from his teaching and coaching duties, Larson likes playing video games, attending music festivals, traveling, and sitting around a campfire. One thing Larson does that might surprise students is being a routine watcher of the reality TV series “Bachelor in Paradise.”

AHSneedle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in