Alyssa Dovenspike consults her planner inside her office. She is excited to be a counselor for high school students.

Alyssa Dovenspike

AHS has welcomed two new guidance counselors this year. One of those guidance counselors is Alyssa Dovenspike. Dovenspike already had experience in this field. She was an intermediate school counselor. “I was an intermediate counselor at AHSTW.” Dovensopike lives in Atlantic, and when she saw the job, she took it. “I have always wanted to work with high school kids,” Dovenspike said.

Dovenspike graduated from Indianola High School. She also played volleyball at Grand View University, where she graduated from in 2014. She also graduated from Capella University in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She also went to Buena Vista University for two years.

Dovenspike took the job with goals in mind. “I want to know all of the students and help everyone know what they want to do after high school.” She also added by saying, “I want everyone to know that I am there for them in any way possible. I want to be able to support the students in any way possible.”

Dovenspike says that the biggest challenge will be “not being able to help everyone” but she is certainly looking forward to the challenge.

AHSneedle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in