NHS Installation

NHS members Preparing for the Blood Drive

by Anthony Robinson

Nineteen students from AHS were recognized for their outstanding scholarship, leadership, service, and character abilities.

Taylor Barry, Marissa Berns, Katelyn Blake, Anne Chess, Alex Hartwig, Paul Honke, Paige Kennon, Ali Krogman, Macie Mahan, Ian McNees, Rob Nichols, Anthony Robinson, Dan Thomsen, Derek Tjepkes, Anna Smith, Derek Von Seggern, Ethan Westering, Malachi Wickman, and Kaitlynn Wiley, were installed into the Atlantic High School Chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS), Thursday evening.

To begin the night, the current NHS officers explained the four principles of NHS, scholarship, leadership, service, and character before lighting the light of learning. This process is done by lighting a candle, which represents each principle.

Next, the officers introduced the new members.  Other NHS members escorted the new members to the stage, where Shelia K. Hayden, the National Honor Society Adviser, presented each student with a candle.

Once the new inductees were all on stage, their candles were lit. Sergeant at Arms, Joey Lienen, led the new members in an oath of induction into NHS.

Junior Taylor Barry commented on becoming a member of NHS.  “I think it’s an honor and I’m proud to be able to be a part of it.”

The nineteen students joined the current senior members.

The National Honor Society meets at least once a week to discuss possible events the society could sponsor or be involved within the community or school.