According To Paul: The Avengers OPINION

At last, Paul Honke gives a thumb's-up.

OPINION By Paul Honke

Avengers Assemble! That is what you’ll be saying at the end of Marvel’s long-awaited movie. The Avengers came out last weekend with a very big bang. The Avengers is a first because it took five solo movies to put it all together. The effort paid off.

The Good

I’ll make this short because if I didn’t, you would be reading this all day. Just about everything in this movie is awesome. The acting is great, the dialogue is great, the special effects are great, Mark Ruffalo as the new (and best) Hulk is great, Chris Hemsworth as Thor is great, Chris Evans as Captain America is great, Scarlet Johanson as the Black Widow is great, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury is great, Robert Downy Jr. as Iron Man was great, Jeremy Renner as Hawk-eye (the archer in the movie) is great, the humor was great, and the fights were, well, great.

Props to Director Joss Whedon for taking an idea that wouldn’t normally work for theatres and making it exciting. Blending four characters from their own stand-alone films into one invited many things to go wrong. Success seemed impossible.

The biggest worry in planning this movie was that with so many characters, it wouldn’t balance out. Luckily it did. Every character gets the right amount of screen time either for their interactions or in fights.

The Bad

Tom Hiddelson as Loki. Now to be fair, Tom was fantastic in this movie portraying Loki as a fun villain. The only problem is that Loki is portrayed rather weak in the movie. It’s kind of hard to take someone seriously when his butt is getting kicked by every other character (granted it did produce the funniest scene in the movie).

Another problem is Captain America’s costume. This may be nitpicking, but everyone is dressed for war while Cap looks like he’s going to a birthday party. Normally I do like his costume but not so much in this movie.

The Rating

The movie rocks! I give The Avengers 5 out of 5 stars! If you haven’t seen this movie then see it now.