Spring athletics hit the field

By Blake Meneely
Winter sports are over. The boys basketball team ended the season with a loss to Harlan in the district final.  The girls basketball team ended their season in the first round loss against Glenwood.  The Trojans wrestling team brought a third place trophy home from state duals. Trojans are now thinking of spring.

Rewind of last year’s spring sports:  The boys tennis team got eighth in the Trojan Tourney, 10th in Conference, and ended the season with a third-place finish at districts.  The girls tennis team got first in the Trojann Tourney, third in the DSM Lincoln Invite, and third in the Conference Tourney.  The boys golf team took third in the Trojan Tourney, third in the conference tourney, and third at Sectionals.  The girls golf team brought home the gold in the Betty Helfin Tourney, fourth in the Hawkeye 10, second in districts, second in regionals, and eighth in the state tourney.  The boys soccer team ended up 2-4 in the conference.  The girls soccer team went 2-16 over all.  The boys track team sent seven events to state, while the girls sent nine events to state.

The girls and boys tennis team start off their 2012 season playing against Kuemper Catholic on April 3.  The girls head to Kuemper, while the boys host Kuemper.  The girls golf team heads to Kuemper Catholic, and the boys golf team hosts the Kuemper Catholic Knights the same day. The boys and girls track team started there season on March 16 and 17 when they ran at Central College.  The boys soccer team starts their season off on March 30 when they head to A-H-S-T.  The girls soccer team will host the Kuemper Knights on April 2 to kick off the season.