When a strike is good

By Alyssa Askeland

For the next two weeks, students in Life Time Fitness will be loading up the bus to head to the Superbowl.

With two dollars in their pockets, students are able to lace up red, white and blue shoes, pick up a colorful ball and compete against their friends in bowling.

Every year, students look forward to the bowling unit. “I like how we don’t have to dress out or run,” says senior Ali Krogman. “It’s a lot of fun.”

Most students enjoy getting away from school, picking up a ball and throwing it down the lane. Not only is it a physical activity, but it is also a great way to socialize. With bowling names like “The Dream” (Amanda Delgado) and “Brezzle” (Breanna Von Weyhe), the participants make their games fun and exciting.

However, not all students share Krogman’s enthusiasm. “I hate bowling,” says senior Michael Nelson. “And on top of that, they shouldn’t make us pay to bowl. Making kids write papers for not bringing the money or not being able to afford it just isn’t fair.”

According to Coach Duff, students are required to participate in some way. If a student cannot pay for their game, regardless of the reason, they are to write a paper such as how to keep track of bowling scores.

With this bowling unit, students are able to make up missed days of Lifetime Fitness. Students are also welcome to go during their study hall time.