Loverin wins national Blackberry competition

Walnut High School senior Amy Loverin has won the national competition by making a series of videos with a group of friends.  Loverin entered the BBM Challenge, a competition  promoted by the Blackberry mobile device company, in hopes of winning the top prize of meeting Hope Solo, the famous soccer player. With help from her teammates Breanna Kixmiller, Madison Hamilton, Marye Beirbaum, Emily Mitchell, and Josephine Anzalone, Loverin’s wish came true.
Sometime between Jan. 10 and June, Amy and up to four others will be traveling to meet Hope Solo in person.Along with the opportunity to meet Solo, Loverin won $500 spending money, free hotel and airfare, a Blackberry smart phone and one day with Solo. The approximate retail value for the grand prize is set at $10.000.Loverin entered the competition last Oct. by sending in an entry video. After being chosen to be in the top 25, she then completed four more challenges. The challenges were her perspective on training, making a new sport, making a rally cry, and doing a sports marathon. These were judged 80 percent on the materials and 20 percent on voting.

Loverin says about the experience that, “it’s shown me that you can have a lot of influence on people.” She also thought the experience would be fun, because she is a fan of Hope Solo and really likes soccer. Ultimately, she did this so family and friends from other parts of country could see what her town is like.

See Loverin’s winning videos here.