Details prepare guests for Madrigal Dinner

By Tian Siggins

This weekend the AHS choir is holding their Madrigal Dinner, Dec. 3 and 4. Tickets for the dinner were sold at AHS Nov. 7-16 at AHS. 304 tickets were sold altogether for a sell-out.

Guests at the dinner will be served a meal of pork loin, potatoes, apple crisps, barley soup, leafy greens, and a spiced apple cider called Wassail.

Guests can also expect entertainment from the choir. Each individual group of students has various selections they will sing. The choir will also be dressed in renaissance apparel.

Guests are also encouraged to dress appropriately. Choir teacher Luke Johnson said, “I would suggest wearing what you might wear for a fancy meal and then go see a show, because that’s what kind of event the Madrigal Dinner is. It’s an event where  they’re going to be eating a fancy meal, they’re going to be watching entertainment, they’re going to be at a concert, all wrapped into one.”

Johnson provided guidelines. “I would suggest no jeans. I would suggest wearing nice pants and a tie if you’re a guy, a nice outfit if your a lady, and just allow yourself to really act as if you’re playing dress up for a fun evening on the town.”

Seating for the Madrigal Dinner will begin at 6:30 each night. The program begins at 7.