Homecoming Dance offers fun for all – OPINION by Cammi Nelson

OPINION – by Cammi Nelson

Everyone is getting out their fancy clothes, their favorite pair of high heels, and their best dance moves for the Homecoming Dance this weekend. This only comes once a year, and you have to make the best of it since high school seems to fly by. Homecoming is one of the best events of the school year. Everyone wants to get loud and rowdy for the football game, hoping to end in victory.

Once all the fun of the game is over,  the Homecoming Dance is a chance to let out all that stress from the long week and release the energy from the night before. The dance is a very fun experience. It is a time to make memories, meet new people, and show people how fun you can really be. Many say they will be attending, but some say they won’t even bother. However, when a lot of students show up, everything is a lot more fun. It’s time to let out your crazy, and have fun. Just let loose.

However, there have been conflicts about the dance, and what is the proper way to dress and behave. At last year’s dances, some students were told not to dance too close or that they shouldn’t dance a certain way. One reason people dance inappropriately is clearly because they don’t know how to dance any other way. Many are too shy to express themselves in their own way of dancing. We have to get some type of break once in awhile.

Finally, what all students should do is come to the Homecoming Dance! Make it a fun memory for the new freshman class.  Once you get there and there is a big crowd of everyone dancing, you’ll have a good time. You’ll want to enjoy the time and make your Saturday night something worth remembering. All I have to say is come in an appropriate manner, be wise, and just have a blast.

Junior Mackinzie Holmes says she is going but, “The rules aren’t fair and people don’t dance much.”

Freshmen Tori Brooke and Miranda Olsen said they are going,”We think it will be fun.”

However, senior Christian Sempek said he isn’t going “because I’ve never gone, and I wouldn’t like to.”

Music instructor Luke Johnson encourages students to attend and said, “I would like to see legit dancing.”

Will you come to the dance and get your freak on?  Register with AHSneedle.com and leave a comment!