Seniors’ final days at AHS

By Alyssa Askland and Malachi Wickman

The snow has melted away, and the school year is coming to an end.  Thoughts of late nights, bonfires, and driving around town with the windows down are beginning to swim around our minds. Yet some of the seniors have mixed emotions about their last days of high school.

Senior Anna Smith commented, “Seniors look forward to starting a new chapter in their life, even though friends will be missed at AHS.”

Senioritis is a slang word for year-end jitters that some seniors have before graduation.  From anxiety to depression, migraines to panic attacks, the end of the year brings many emotions to seniors and students alike.

Senior Joey Leinen said, “I’m nervous to go to college because of how many unknowns there are, but I’m excited to get out of high school because I really need a break from my stress.  High school is very stressful and It will just be nice to relax a little.”  He also comments, “I’m going to miss my high school friends very much though!”

As the underclassmen look forward to summer, seniors look towards beginning their adventures at college.

Senior Andrew Poore said, “I’m excited to get my life going, I’m ready to take summer classes at DMACC for nursing.”

Seniors can post their comments about the end of the year below.

Underclassmen can also post their thoughts about the seniors leaving.