Trojanns vs. Kuemper Knights

Emotion-filled Trojanns fall to Knights

by Anthony Robinson

The Atlantic Trojann volleyball team was defeated on Senior night by the Carroll Kuemper Knights.

On an emotion-filled senior night, the Atlantic Trojanns were defeated three games to none: 25-20, 25-18, and 25-12.

After trailing from the start, the Trojanns attempted to rally around their eight seniors the rest of the way.  The Knights led 24-17 in game one before the Trojanns were able to score three straight before game point, as Kuemper took game one 25-20.

In game two Kuemper jumped out to another quick 8-3 lead.  The Trojanns were able to come within one (12-11) before the Knights pulled away to an 18-13 lead, before winning the game 25-18.

In game three the Trojanns were able to score first and take their only lead of the night.   After a three-three tie, the Knights pulled away to an easy 25-12 win to close out the match.

Coach Craig Fredin said, “We just have to focus as team” to improve for the rest of the regular season and regional play.  Fredin said, “The girls seemed to dwell on their mistakes [during the game], and let them carry over [from one point to the next].”  He said that the team needs to correct their mistakes and stay focused in each and every game.

Jessi Arneson, Alisha Welter, Kari Sandage, Kristen Schuler, Liz Metheny, Shelby Svoboda, Sierra Worth, and Taylor Young all played their final home regular season game in Trojann volleyball uniforms.

The Trojanns travel to Knoxville, Saturday, Oct. 16, to play in the Knoxville tournament.