Trojann VB Rolls Over Harlan

AHS Volleyball Rolls Over Harlan

by Anthony Robinson

The Atlantic Trojann volleyball team rolled to a three-games-to-none win over Harlan Community High School Thursday night at home.

Less than a week after the Atlantic Trojan football team was defeated 42-0 by the Cyclones, the Trojann volleyball team returned the favor by thrashing the Harlan volleyball team 25-12, 25-15, and 25-14.

With an enormous student section backing them, the Trojanns had the momentum on their side from the get go.  In game one the Cyclones were barely able to get out of single digits, as the stingy Trojann defense held Harlan to only 12 points.

The Trojanns were able to carry the momentum from game one into a fast start of game two.  The Trojanns jumped out to an early lead and never looked back.  The Trojanns rolled to a 25-15 win.

In game 3 the Trojanns started slowly, but the Cyclones never gained enough momentum to keep the Trojanns within pace.  Once the Trojanns took the lead, they were not going to be denied the easy 25-14 win to close out the three-game match.

The Trojanns played well in all aspects of the game.  Junior Paige Kennon thought the team was in sync all game. “We were able to play as a team. We had more fun [out on the court] than we did the past two games.”  The Trojanns were able to play with the same intensity for all three games.

The Trojanns host the Kuemper Catholic Knights next Tuesday, Oct. 12 for Senior Night.