Hana Holtz

Hana Holtz, AHS Needle Editor in Chief

Hana Holtz, the lead editor of AHS Needle, assigns and edits stories for the school website. Holtz is the lead editor with 86 stories in total, the most published of the team. Originally, she didn’t plan on joining the journalism but was convinced by journalism advisor Allison Berryhill. According to Holtz, it was a very good decision, and she’s glad she did it. She is currently involved in multiple school activities, including band, jazz band, fall play, tennis, NHS, and journalism. Her favorite thing about the class is when she and her classmates will have funny conversations-- “It gets fun,” she said. In her free time, she likes to listen to music, hang out with friends, walk her dog, Emmett, cheer on her favorite professional baseball team, the Chicago Cubs and eat some good food. “My mom is a really good cook,” Holtz said. Her advice for upcoming journalists is to stay on top of the work. Holtz said, “Don’t wait to write stories the night before.” Her plans for after high school is to attend Creighton University to major in medicine to become a family doctor.  

Story by Dreyah Rutherford

All content by Hana Holtz
Hana Holtz

Hana Holtz

May 14, 2020
Twenty students participated in the debut of English Lockdown on Monday, April 6. There is also a Google Classroom page dedicated to the optional work offered.

Classes Held Via Zoom

April 7, 2020
The ten boys who participated in Tractor Day pose with one of their sick rides. Tractor Day is an annual event.

Spring 2020 FFA Update

March 13, 2020
Senior Bethaney Meurer donates blood during the last blood drive. Donators should consider drinking lots of water before they give blood.

NHS Wants Your Blood

March 12, 2020
Sophomore Taliya James works during class. James wears her signature accent item on her left wrist.

[Photo] Accessory Go-Tos

Reagan Leonard, Staff Writer
March 9, 2020
Senior Nile Petersen plays tough defense. On Monday night, Petersen had seven rebounds and five points.

Atlantic Boys Host Harlan

February 19, 2020

Baxter Cycle

Hana Holtz and Grace Clay
February 18, 2020
Junior Molly McFadden and sophomore Lexie Trotter scrub their hands at the sink. Twenty seconds is all that is required to get rid of germs.

[Photo] Washing Germs Down the Drain

Troy Roach, Staff Writer
January 23, 2020
Junior Craig Alan Becker shakes hands with his teammates during the team introductions. Becker averages 5.7 points per game.

Trojans Sweep Cardinals

January 16, 2020
Sophomore Aspen Niklasen guards her girl on Tuesday night. Niklasen plays on both the varsity and JV squads.

Girls Hoops Outlast Kuemper

December 19, 2019
Senior Kenzie Waters goes in for a layup against Creston. Waters has cashed in 70 points this season.

Revenge of the Trojans

December 18, 2019
Coach Dan Vargason goes over the game plan on Tuesday night. The girls played a monstrous game, hitting five three pointers.

Trojans Crush Cardinals

December 13, 2019
The girls swim team poses for a picture at the Nishna Valley YMCA. Many of the girls on the team swim in the offseason as part of the YMCA squad.

Girls Swim Shows at State

November 11, 2019
Snickers are a popular type of chocolate bar. In 2012, NBC reported Snickers were the number one seller among its chocolate competitors.

[Photo] Candy Confessions

Ariel Clark, Editor
November 1, 2019
The trio of junior Camryn Church, and seniors Bradley Dennis and Katie Saluk warm up with choir teacher Ethan Pruisman. This is Pruismans first year teaching.

All-State Auditions Recap

October 31, 2019
The front row crew of juniors Caroline Pellett and Haley Rasmussen, along with freshman Aubrey Guyer go up against Creston this season. Pellett and Guyer are hitters, while Rasmussen is the setter.

Three Sets to Atlantic

October 17, 2019
Load More Stories