First Forensics Meeting of the Year

First Forensics Meeting of the Year

by Monica Brewer

On Monday Oct. 6, the Forensics club had their first parent meeting.  This was a time for upperclassmen and freshmen to learn what they were getting into, and for parents to get introduced into Forensics.  It was hosted by head coach and English teacher Matthew Smith and assistant coach and Spanish teacher Trisha Niceswanger.  Even though the turnout was small, the meeting still went on as scheduled.

The information the meeting included were the different types of Forensics, the rules for students interested in being in it, and how to act when students are at various clinics and events.  The meeting also informed parents that in order for Forensics to be strong this year, Smith and Niceswanger need their involvement.  Students that attended the meeting include senior team president Hannah McLean and junior vice president Lydia Joseph.  McLean also stated to underclassmen that if they need someone to listen to their work they should go to seniors, parents, or ask siblings to listen.

Squala (the Forensics mascot) made an appearance at the meeting.  Other students that attended this meeting include senior Brecklyn Carey, junior Andrew Rothfuz, and freshmen Josh McLean and Paige Bennett.

Their next two events going on for Forensics include going to Roosevelt High School in Des Moines on Oct. 17-18 and their fundraiser event Bull Creek Classic on Nov. 21-22.  The location of Bull Creek Classic is still undecided on whether it’s going to be in Atlantic or not.  If you have any questions about Forensics, talk to Smith or McLean.  Wish the members of the Forensics team some luck!