“Trojan Throwback” Homecoming Dance (Pictures)

+

Jena Brosam

Photos and Captions
by Jena Brosam

Atlantic students form a tunnel before the Homecoming candidates enter the dance.
Atlantic students form a tunnel before the Homecoming candidates are recognized at the dance.
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 8.32.53 AM
Some students, like the ones pictured above, will join together in the middle of the dance floor and dance in a big group.
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 8.30.56 AM
Atlantic’s Homecoming dance is not formal, which allows students to dress casual. Atlantic’s only formal dances are winter formal for all students, and prom for juniors and seniors.
Junior Darien Mills
Junior Darien Mills jumps up and down in a group of other students while a fast song plays.
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 8.44.08 AM
Senior Ben Parker holds up a cell phone to take a group selfie at the dance. Many students at the dance took selfies after the DJ suggested that they do so while the song “Let Me Take A Selfie” was playing.
Sophomore Ethan Stoural starts break dancing in the middle of sophomore Sydney Redler and Garrett Grooms.
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 8.41.50 AM
There are many different types of dancing that occur at school dances. Line dancing is a popular type for some AHS students.
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 8.38.19 AM
Students gather around in a big circle to watch the Homecoming candidates share a dance with each other.
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 8.37.53 AM
As the Homecoming candidates share a dance with each other, students gather around and sway in a circle while watching.
Seniors Tristen Benn and Stephanie Freund run through the tunnel during Homecoming candidate introductions. The dance was held on Oct. 6 from 8-11 p.m.
Reid Nicholas catches a ride from Macey Schmitt as the DJ announces Homecoming candidates.  The student council was responsible for preparing the Homecoming dance.
Senior Reid Nicholas catches a ride from senior Macey Schmitt as the DJ announces Homecoming candidates. The Student Council was responsible for preparing the Homecoming dance.
Homecoming king and queen Nick Podhajsky and Jenny Hohenberger switch crowns for the royalty dance. Memebers of the court danced to "Give Me Back My Hometown" by Eric Church.
Homecoming king and queen seniors Nick Podhajsky and Jenny Hohenberger switch crowns for the royalty dance. Members of the court danced to “Give Me Back My Hometown” by Eric Church.