2013-2014 School Year Coming to an End

2013-2014 School Year Coming to an End

By Tori Phippen

Get ready it is on it’s way!  The 2013-2014 school year is coming to an end very quickly. It’s time to get ready for sememster tests, apply for summer jobs, summer school, camps and summer vacation.

What are your thoughts about the school year ending soon? AHS junior Blake Zweck said, “Finally!” Jordan Foster said, “Although I am happy for summer, I am sad that my last year of high school is coming.”  Teacher, Sue Petersen said, “The end of the school year has approached quickly. I feel like I don’t have everything done.” Teacher, Kathy Blazek said, “We have a lot of work to do before semester test time. I feel that it is important for students to start to get prepared for semester test which will be in 4 weeks. One way they can do that is by getting their previous work and make sure they are in classes to review.”

Do you think that this year has gone by fast? Why or Why not? Zweck said, “Yes, but no it’s slow.” Foster said, “Yes, there are so many things to do; you lose track of time.” Petersen said, “Fast, our days are running together. There were alot of new information we learned this year.” Blazek said, “I think this year has gone very fast and I believe that it has been a better year because I feel that there has been better leadership by administration and the students.”

With the school year ending are you getting ready for semester tests? Zweck said, “No.” Foster said, “Yes, I try to study our previous work.” Petersen said, “Yes, gathering notes.” Blazek said, “I teach in the resource room and we have already begun preparing our notes and study guides for finals, but also need to focus on the last 4 weeks of school with getting daily work and semester projects done.”

What would you change about this year for next year? Zweck said, “Cancel it.” Foster said, “Get more involved with the school and hang out with friends more.” Petersen said, “Less snow days.” Blazek said, “If there were something I would change about next year that would be different it would probably be the way all staff need to be consistent with bullying, harassment, and hall duty. We need to be there for students, and they need to learn good behavior both in and out of school. We should try to do more community service as staff, students, and administration both during and after school, to give to our community for all they do for us.”

What are your thoughts about next year? Zweck said, “Thank God it’s my last year.” Foster said, “I need to get ready for college and say “good luck” to everyone.” Petersen said, “Excited: new students, excited to see students grow in education.” Blazek said, “Always ready for a new year!”