Prom is Almost Here!

By Leah Tjepkes

Prom is quickly approaching as the junior and senior class finalize their plans.  On April 5th junior and senior girls will be running from one appointment to another, while the boys sleep in, go fishing, and tell their mothers to pick up the flowers. A lot of time and commitment has been put into this one night. Lead by Pat Wiederien, the junior class has been putting together a prom night to throw for their graduating seniors.

The junior class picked America as their theme.   They will construct popular places and monuments around the United States. With the help of the junior class officers: Jenny Hohenberger, Stephanie Freund, Erin Shannon, and Karly Monson, the junior class has been working hard to get the material to build each show piece. Junior Harrison Richter says, “My group is building the Chicago beam and we will create some buildings in the background. One of our materials we will be using are balloons. My team is working hard and communicating well with each other.”

Atlantic’s prom is publicized by the local newspaper in the Jennifer Hart column. Columnist Julie Gade interviewed junior class officer Jenny Hohenberger on what this year’s prom will entail. Also, photographer and columnist Jeff Lundquist will be taking photos at Grand March for Atlantic News Telegraph.

The schedule has changed from previous years. After last year’s student evaluations, the majority of the students felt that prom was too long.  Click here to see the schedule for Prom.

Prom will be a time to create memories and new friendships. Remember, be on time, smile, dance, have fun, and be safe.