Dance Recitals Approaching

Dance Recitals Approaching

By Lauren Krogman

Spring is just around the corner, which only means one thing for two local dance studios-recital.  Dance Atlantic and Villa Dance are preparing for their upcoming performances by practicing routines and picking out costumes.  Recital is one of the top events that local dancers look forward to.

Villa Dance, owned by Rachel Johnson will have their annual recital on May 30-June 2.  This will be Johnson’s tenth recital since opening the studio in August of 2005.  The theme for this years recital is “Turn Up The Music”.  Routines were started for the dancers in mid January, and costumes have been ordered for each student.  Junior Allie Siggins, a student at Villa Dance says, “Our routines are coming along, and it’s getting close to crunch time.  I think our recital is going to be really cool this year.”

Another local dance studio, Dance Atlantic, will hold their recital on June 6-8.  Dance Atlantic is owned by Ricci Spriggs this will be her twentieth year in the dance business.  The theme has not yet been decided but Spriggs will be bringing back old songs from her recitals over the years as a fun way to remember the studio’s past.  Routines were started after Christmas break, and the studio is receiving new costumes every day.  Freshman Kerra Christensen, a student at Dance Atlantic says, “This year will be a good one with all of our hard work and time.  I love watching the younger kids dance to songs that the older girls danced to.”

Participants at both studios are eager for their upcoming recitals.  No matter what studio, students come together at this time of year to share their love of dance and performing.

Make sure to catch both Dance Atlantic and Villa Dance’s recitals coming up this spring!

To find out more on the local studios, click the links below!

http://www.danceatlantic.com/

http://www.villadance.com/