Student Council Sells Bon Bons

Student Council Sells Bon Bons

By Dustin Rudolph

The Student Council is selling Bon Bons again at games and sporting events.  The choices for sale are pink, or strawberry, and blue, or blue raspberry.  Many students are excited for the sweet candies. However, some students didn’t know about it, and are upset that they can’t get them unless they go to the games.

Bon Bons have been a huge hit with all the students.  Sophomore Sarah McCance said, “I love Bon Bons!”  In fact she believes they should be “given out for free.”  Sophomore David Thomsen agrees with McCance and said, “I like (them being sold) because they’re tasty.” He’d like to see them sold “before school at the front entrance” for everyone to have a chance to buy them.  Thomsen also mentioned that “Bon Bons should be sold at the high school every year.”

When asked if he believes the Student Council will continue to sell them throughout the next couple years, sophomore Clayton Saeugling said, “I don’t know, but I sure hope so.” Saeugling also said that Bon Bons should be sold during school.  However according to an article written here, the USDA, or U.S. Department of Agriculture, wants to “essentially [ban] schools from selling ‘junk food’ such as potato chips and candy as well as soda.”

Even with the new regulations, the school is allowed to sell candy at events and off-school hours. Students such as McCance, Thomsen and Saeuling are all hoping Student Council will continue to sell them for years to come.