Senior’s Last Semester

By Miranda Olson and Tucker Sager

Time is ticking away for the class of 2014’s last semester here at Atlantic High School.  Seniors are more and more anxious as the end of the school year approaches.  In only four months, the seniors will experience what it’s like to truly be an adult.

The class of 2014 will be adding as many memories possible in the few remaining school events they have together, including prom and the senior trip.  Senior Tye Nielsen said that his favorite was photography with Landon Stark, Adam Wieser, and Wieda.  Brooke Fletcher’s favorite high school memory was going to state three times for golf, and hopefully adding one more state trip before graduation.

With only one semester left until graduation, the class of 2014 has already picked their class song, quote, and flower.  Senior Kristin Johnk said, “It’s exciting to be getting out on our own, but it’s scary in the same way!”  Graduation will be held on May 18, 2014 in the high school gym at 2 p.m.

Many of the seniors have big plans to go to college after they graduate. Senior Michael Thomsen is undecided on where he would like to attend college, yet he is ready for what is to come. “I’m excited for college because it’ll be a good experience, but I love high school because it is easy for me,” said Thomsen.

As valued students of Atlantic High School, the seniors will be greatly missed by many.  Junior Erin Shannon said, “I’m going to miss the seniors because I’ve been cheering with some since my freshman year and it’s going to be a lot different after they graduate!” Make the last semester count, class of 2014!