Trojan Girls Basketball Snag a Win Over Tigers

By Kate Fulk

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 11.06.15 AM
Girls warming up before the game.

Girls basketball brought home an exciting win over the Carroll Tigers Monday Dec 2.  Varsity and JV had high scoring games.  The final varsity score was 66-29, and JV 51-27.  This was the Trojans fourth game of the season.

Coach Casey Pelzer said, “I was really proud of our effort and the fact that we took care of business.”

Freshman Mckenna DenBeste thought the team played well as one.  “We looked in at the post, which is something we weren’t doing before.”

Top three scorers of the night were freshman Catherine Leonard with 16 points, then sophomores Erin Olsen and Tiffany Williams with 15 each.

The trojans won the rebounding game 40-19.  Junior Allie Siggins said, “That’s more of an accomplishment than anything whether we win or lose.”  Pelzer added that he thinks the ceiling is high for the 2013-2014 girls.

Pelzer said the teams strength this year is their physicalness.  He stated on KSOM radio, “All the way till the end even when we were winning by 30 sum the effort was the same as the first nine minutes of the game.”

The Trojans will face St. Albert Friday night starting  JV at 6 and varsity to follow at 7:30 in AHS gym.  Junior Allie Siggins said, “It feels so good to win, and to win by that much is just pure fun.”

Come support your fellow classmates in an attempt to snag another win against St. Albert.