New Storage for Athletic Equipment

New Storage for Athletic Equipment

By Travis Petersen

With the football season concluding for the year, athletes and coaches needed a place to store the extensive amount of equipment. A new shed was constructed by Derek Bair’s nineteen-student Intro to Construction class. It will be used to store football and track equipment.

Bair purchased pre designed plans and then made changes to fit the needs of the students and athletes. Bair said, “We decided to build the shed because Intro to Construction needed real world work and the track and field teams needed a new shed for it’s supplies.” The funds were split between the high school curriculum and activities fund.

Not only will the shed be used for athletic equipment but the maintenance crew will also be able to store equipment. Alexander said, “I think it was a great idea to build the shed because it will allow us to store more of our equipment on site were now we store most of it out at the bus barn.”

When asked what his favorite part of building, freshman Zach Stork said, “When we got the roof set up we all got to be on the roof shingling.”

According to Principal Matt Alexander, the shed cost around $2,500 and “should be done in about 2 weeks. Mr. Bair’s class is hoping to have it finished before Thanksgiving break.”