New Clothing Store Generates Talk

By Lauren Krogman

The newest store turning heads in Atlantic is Lou Lou’s Boutique.  Lou Lou’s is a trendy boutique with the newest styles attracting teens and young adults.  It’s currently located at 11 West Fourth Street, owned by Brandi Eckles.

Many people are excited about the new clothing options that are offered at Lou Lou’s.  When asked why she brought the store to Atlantic, Eckles said that she felt like there was never an option of clothing in Atlantic that fit her age group and style preference.  She wanted to bring that option to town and make it affordable.

Junior Rachelle Wagoner shares her thoughts on the store, “the clothes look like clothes you would find in a mall, and for being in a small town the price is really good.”  The store gets new inventory several times a week, which will bring new options regularly for Atlantic shoppers.

You may wonder how the store got it’s name.  Eckles said, “My middle name is Louise.  It was my mom’s middle name, her mom’s middle name, and is my daughter’s middle name.”  Eckles continues, “It’s a tribute to my family.”

Lou Lou’s is currently located on a side street in a building that is small in size.  Eckles mentions that she is soon moving the store to a new location.  The new building is located at 401 Chestnut and will be opening in November.  Eckles is very excited about the future of her store and the new location.  The new spot will give community members a better look at the front of the building by being located on the main street.  Commenting on how the store is doing, Eckles says, “Better than I ever could have imagined.”