Welcome to AHS!

Welcome to AHS!

By Kate Fulk

It was hard not to notice the brand new welcome sign as you stepped foot into the front doors of AHS.  The work, done by Atlantic’s own J&J Graphics, debuted Wednesday morning.  According to Principal Heather McKay, this was something she had wanted to do for a long time. McKay said, “The welcome is important in understanding what our purpose is and goal for education. It’s important that people can get the visual reminder.”

When speaking with teachers a year or two ago, McKay said, “They all have their individual goals but what their overall purpose is, is to be the best for kids and getting the mission statement out shows where we are all at.”

With the placement of the new artwork it’s sure to make a statement as you walk through the front doors of the school. Senior Lexi Allen said, ”I think the new sign adds to our effort at a more positive atmosphere in our school and really shows us being one.  A lot of hard work has gone into pulling the student body closer and I think this sign is the cherry on top to it all!”

Clearly already receiving compliments and reactions by students and teachers, it must be a hit.  It will continue to spotlight on what AHS stands for to the public and the body of the school and with that it serves its whole purpose.