Nursing Position Filled

Kelli Evans has taken on the nursing job at Atlantic High School and the Link Center. The position has been opened since the previous nurse, Kristi Simpson, took the nursing job at the middle school.

Evans graduated from Griswold High School and received her R.N. degree through Excelsior after taking seven nursing tests and doing a three day clinical in Madison, Wisconsin. She took her general ed classes through IWCC and SWICC. Her past jobs include working at the Clarinda Regional Health Center and Cass County Memorial Hospital as an RN and paramedic. She also worked in the ICU and the emergency room at CCMH.

Evans said she chose this job because she has a “passion for working with kids” and loves to see the development. She describes her job as “working with student to make sure they are healthy and in a safe environment for their education.”

Evans is frustrated with not knowing names of the students but she says so far she likes the student and the school. Issues with mental illness such as depression and stress are what she finds major health concerns among students. She feels like there needs to be more education about preventative diseases and practicing being healthy now.

A few of Evans’s hobbies include reading, riding motorcycle with her husband, riding horses, running, and going to Nebraska football games.